PO Box 1777
Sharon, CT 06069
Daniel is retired. He formerly concentrated on International, Corporate and Business Law, including cross-border mergers and acquisitions, energy investments, joint ventures, commercial contracts, financing and hospitality.
- Project Development & Finance
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Business Ventures
- Energy & Energy-Related Practices
- Hotels, Resorts & Golf
- Renewable Energy
- Sixteen U.S. acquisitions in the aeronautical and leisure industries for French company.
- Developer's counsel in wind farm projects.
- Sellers' counsel in sale/joint venture of US logistics company to French governmental entity.
- Sellers' counsel in stock sale of German/US group to US defense industry group.
- Buyer's Counsel in acquisition by French company of the worldwide companies of German consumer products group.
- Purchase of Tamoil Italia from Amoco.
- Organization and start-up of the Park Avenue Bank, N.A.
- Lease and reorganization of the Casino da Madeira, Portugal.
- Investment by natural resources company in US oil and gas properties.
- Several industrial revenue bond financings for German companies.
- Several acquisitions for a German machinery company.
- Acquisition/joint venture for German construction company.
- Joint venture between German and US media companies.
- Investment by German/Swiss company in US golf courses and real estate developments.
- University of Paris (1973), Course work for doctorate
- Hague Academy of International Law (1970)
- Columbia University (J.D., 1970), Co-Editor-in-Chief, Columbia Journal of Transnational Law
- University of Hamburg (1967), resident study
- Purdue University (B.S.E.E., 1967), Tau Beta Pi, Omicron Delta Kappa, City Editor, Purdue Exponent
- Partner, Troutman Sanders LLP, 2006-2012
- Counsel and Partner, Dorsey & Whitney, LLP, 2001-2006
- Chief Legal Officer, Homeviewmedia.com, 1999-2001
- President, Avis Investment Holding Corporation, 1995-1999
- Associate and Partner, Walter, Conston, Alexander & Green, P.C., 1978-1999
- Associate, Shearman & Sterling, 1973-1978 (Algiers and Paris offices 1975-1977)
Bar and Court AdmissionsNew York
Memberships and AffiliationsAssociation of the Bar of the City of New York
Presentations and Speaking Engagements"Quality of Life.com: Deconstructing Space and Time," Middlebury College, Digital Bridges, 2001.
- Editor of Sundstrom, "Public International Utility Companies" (1971)
- Columbia Journal of Transnational Law, Board of Trustees (25 years)
- President's Advisory Council on Environmental Sustainability
- French (fluent)
- German (fluent)